The Ottawa Board of Trade is proud to host the Trade Accelerator Program (TAP), facilitated by the Toronto Region Board of Trade and the World Trade Centre Toronto. This dynamic, hands-on workshop is geared to provide companies with access to Canada’s top exporting advisors, resources and contacts, giving them the training and support they need to become successful international traders in their specific business sector.
TAP graduates report an average growth of 42% in export sales one year after participation, and more than 85% of participants have entered new markets since completing the course. Since its launch in October 2015, TAP has expanded to more than 30 cities across Canada.
The Ottawa Board of Trade will be hosting the Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) for the first time in November 2019.
Cohort runs over the course of 6 weeks:
- 2-Day Workshop: November 28 & 29, 2019
- Export plan day: December 9, 2019
- Expert Mentoring Day: January 16, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Companies can participate in TAP via partner nomination or direct application. All applications are reviewed by the TAP team to ensure the program is a good fit and allow participants to maximize its benefits. All applications will be considered on program criteria and assessed on their merits.
The program fee is $5,000 per company; however, generous support from our partners will allow us to reduce this fee to $495 +HST.
The companies being sought for TAP-Ottawa should meet the following guidelines:
- Generates more than $500,000 in annual revenue
- Has been operating for at least 2 years and receiving revenue for its product, service or technology
- Is already exporting a product, service or technology, but wishes to diversify its export markets or has taken exploratory steps to expand into new markets
- Has a product, service or technology with a strong competitive advantage as a result of quality or patent protection
- Is located anywhere in Ontario (not limited to the National Capital Region)
- Is willing to dedicate two senior representatives to participate in the program and apply its resources
Companies that meet the profile are welcome to apply for the program by submitting the following electronic application form below. Once your application is approved, an invoice will be sent to you via email.
For more information, contact Lynn Ladd, Membership Experience at 613.236.3631 ext. 124 or email email@example.com